Nuffnang

Thursday, November 29, 2018

It's You



The first man I ever loved, I truly adored.
I tried so hard to be cute, so he won’t get bored.
I followed him around like an obsessed puppy.
I couldn’t bear the thought of him getting angry.
I gave my all to be the best that I can be.
I just wanted to make him proud to be my daddy.
When I lost him early, it really broke my heart.
I almost thought I’d never make a brand new start.
But a few years later, I met this wonderful guy.
I didn’t imagine another man could make me smile.
Yet, he stole my heart and sincerely offered me his.
He made me realize how beautiful life really is.
The day I married him, I said, “the search is over”,
For I thought I’d never fall again for another.
But then you came, like an angel from above,
And showed me what seems like the purest kind of love.
It is not a feeling that any word can describe,
For it transcended all the love I’ve ever known in my life.
The first time I saw you, I instantly knew,
A love so selfless, it can only be true.
One day, you’ll understand what I’m trying to say.
Just know that you are my greatest love, come what may.
I figure your grandpa and dad won’t be jealous of you.
They must have known all along, it’s always meant to be you. 💝

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...