Nuffnang

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Mother



Once, you were a girl with just simple dreams.
You only want to meet your charming prince.
If you only knew then what the future has in store,
You would have run really fast to find the nearest door.

While raising a kid can sometimes feel overwhelming,
Caring for eight must have felt like an impossible thing.
But you bravely stepped up and somehow found a way,
To get each and all of us where we are today.

Most of us are parents now, just like you,
But not before life took its toll on you.
Your long black hair has somewhat turned silver,
And your once firm voice now has a slight quiver.

Time has a funny way of showing us,
“Be careful what you wish for. Think before you ask.”
But I know that deep inside, you have no regrets,
For on us, you have chosen to place your bet.

Watching you all those years, I always wondered,
Why you took this path, you could have chosen better.
It’s only when I had my boy that I finally got my answer.
Now I know why you chose to become a mother. 💝


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...